Driver Licence Translation

If you are renting a car, a campervan, a motorcycle, etc  in New Zealand and your driver licence is not in English and you do not have an international drivers licence, you must carry an English translation of your licence issued by an approved translator. You must carry this translation as well as your original licence when driving, otherwise, if stopped by the police you may not be able to continue driving.


You can drive using the translation of your driver licence for a maximum of 12 months from the date you arrive in New Zealand.


Also, Permit holders of a foreign drivers licence or an International Drivers Licence can drive in New Zealand for up to 12 months, but after 12 months, you must transfer your licence to a NZ licence. If your licence is in a foreign language, you need to translate your foreign drivers licence into English to be able to transfer it into a NZ drivers licence.

Click here to get a quote!

%d bloggers like this: